Thursday, August 21, 2008

Want to pretend you are still in college?


The following is the required reading list for the En211B course I am teaching this fall. The course focuses on narrative and descriptive writing. I highly recommend both the novel and the collection of essays and stories. If, by chance, you are so jazzed by the books, I can send you a study guide and assign you essay too! School starts Monday. Ciao

The Best American Nonrequired Reading of 2007 edited by Dave Eggers

Geek Love by Katherine Dunn

5 comments:

Daisy said...

I AM SO HAPPY I AM NOT STILL IN SCHOOL AND I READ WHAT I WANT TO READ. LOOK UP KNIT FOR KIDS. IT IS THRU GUIDEPOSTS.ORG OVER 400,000 HANDMADE SWEATERS HAVE BEEN MADE. I AM OUT OF BEARS AND INTO SWEATERS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THIN?

Unknown said...

Spaude's Salad Days...I like it!

Unknown said...

I picked up "Geek Love" at the library! (They didn't have it at the book store). I have a lot of reading to do. I finished "Driving Sideways" by Jess Riley from FDL. She is around 32 years old and will be at our book club discussion of her book. I think you would enjoy it just because there are a lot of references to Fond du Lac and pop culture.

Beanie said...

I only got one tomato vote and I want one for me and one for Mark. He votes Cherry.

Unknown said...

What is this? A blog about what books we're reading? Does the 2008-2009 USGA Rules of Golf count?

I think there should be an option for the non tomato eaters of the world to vote "none of the above".